Tuesday, June 7, 2011

eating together with a cat



When I was in high school I had no problem eating alone, well I honestly did not understand some of my classmates  but to be real, I am happier dining out with my friend Maricar, we just laugh the day away, it never occurred to me to think about my weight-in those days, it does not really matter to me. laughing was enough. then i went to college, there were a few years ( 1st and 2nd yr) college where I always ate alone in cafeteria's. Do not get me wrong, i chose to be that way, unlike american culture, we don't have jocks or mean and popular girls in school, it was just meant to be that way. Peace was more important to me when I was in college, the serenity of eating alone and choosing my food and then afterwards going to the library and entertaining my thoughts in countless of fiction books. anyway, i got past that and eventually joined my classmates when I was in 3rd year college. In fact I loved eating together with friends, they might give this quirky feeling inside sometimes, when they go bursting out odd comments. But i loved it. I loved dining with friends and having coffee together with Florabel and florenda, as well as other philosophy classmates of mine in Tulips(near slu gate)
it no longer exists as of today....but I loved that place.
in college it has not occurred to me to feel sad when i am eating alone, i just did not feel it, in fact i want the feeling. I literally want the peace of mind, to stare at my food, get done with it and then go about with my next action. However, i met my boyfriend Nik... ^_^, things really changed. I could not eat without him, well yes, i can still literally eat but it does not possess any zest for me. I just end up eating ice cream and not having dinner or just eating random fruits. It somehow feels empty and meaningless to eat just by myself, his presence and his energy is different. I feel better when i eat together with his family or if there is a party, it gets really hard for me nowadays to work up an appetite if i am alone in my apartment. But gladly, I have a pet cat named Mirmo. aka punggoy. He joins me for breakfast sometimes, well he eats in a separate bowl of course,...nik cant always be with me, he has to work....so i am stuck planning my own breakfast and dinner. things have really changed for me. but anyway,the loneliness is gone when punggoy eats with me...its cute really. I just want to express how i miss my boyfriend and end up smiling when i realize life is meant to be balanced out. eating together with a cat isn't so bad after all...with those cute paws...Anyway i know he will come back during the weekend. and i hope i would be given the chance to serve him a kick ass meal( of course he and i will eat a  kick ass meal this friday or saturday). oh wait yeah, i realize how in love i am with nik....and with my cat mirmo ^_^
and i realize the philosophy of dining alone. and how i got to realize the person i turned out to be. its not so bad after all, to want the company of others. to share and to smile. next time i would be speaking about the healing process of my soul when it comes with food. and weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment